Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sketches: Naj

Same awesome journal that Seth is sketched in. I wish I could remember the name of the vendor, they were cool folks - from NY, I think. The front of it has a great quote by George Bernard Shaw. "Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating itself."

20140117-171850.jpg
Disregard the craziness that is Naj's face on the left - I was playing with facial muscles. Also, I'd been at Caitlin's house for Christmas for quite a few days and was starting to go a little mad myself.
Most of the two part sketches like this, I did the right hand side sketch first, then the left hand side to try and capture a different angle of expression of the same character, once I'd gotten to know them a bit. Usually, I'm less happy with the first sketch than the second, but I've drawn Naj quite a few times, so all his sketches are pretty equally "What the hell are you doing?" at this point.

No comments: