Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How to achieve your goals: Write it Down!

Welcome to 2014!
I always feel a little silly celebrating the new year two months after it's passed for me (I prefer an older style of yearly reckoning, ending my year with October) but it is a changing of the calendar, and a chance for some clean slate action.
I like to use all the resolution energy floating around to help propel some changes in my life, set some goals and try to lay the ground work for good habits. This includes my writing habits, so I thought I'd share.
Writing Goals for 2014:

-Keeping my blog post scheduled up at least a week in advance, so I'm not stressing deadlines
-Writing at least once a day, as is suggested by so many successful authors
-ACTUALLY FINISH A COMPLETE STORY so that I can flex my editing muscles a bit
-Research employment opportunities in the writing field (so vague, I know) since I'm tired of my soul sucking service industry job

So, not all habits to cultivate, I suppose, but there's power in actually writing down your goals. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to do a monthly recap on where I stand. I'm sure my list will evolve and grow as I go along, but the best goals always do.

Best of luck to everyone with all your ambitions for 2014, and as always, Happy Writing!
-R

No comments: