Friday, January 17, 2014

An idea about scheduling

For someone afraid of being off topic, or running out of things to say, I sure do a lot of posting. :P

It's odd, though. I'll have a thought on a certain day, then cue it up for like a week later. With some things, it works- like the feast of St. Zig. Nothing particularly time related there.

But this post, for example, is being written on the 10th, but cued up for the 17th. On the one hand, I like having something on my blog every day, but on the other, it's making it hard to strike up a dialogue. I'm no longer feeling what I've posted by the time it gets to you.

So, an idea. After this string of queue  posts runs out, I'm gonna keep staging "fixed" posts, like the 9-10-11 posts and the writing goals embarrass me into keeping track posts, then just let everything else come as it comes. I'll surely wind up with some "The Writings" entries that I can cue up for whenever, but as far as posts like these, for the what's on my writing mind? I think I'll just write them as yet come, like bonus content.

I really like this idea, and I think it'll work well for me. It gives me some deadlines, so I stay accountable, but gives me the flexibility to say what's on my mind.

So when I figure out what my "fixed" post schedule will be, I'll add an updates page so you know when to check in, and everything else will be a surprise. :)

No comments: