Thursday, January 2, 2014

Re-Writes

Ack. I just started trying to edit my main story for beta-readers.
It sucks.
Going back over 500 pages of writing ago, I don't even feel like I remember this story anymore. This is the first major editing I've ever done, and it's daunting. It also doesn't help that I'm trying to write out what was one of the corner stones of my character, because it really needs doing. He wasn't meant to be a long lasting character, and he can't stand as he is now.
But it's a really big re-write.
I wish I had something inspirational to say here, some great pep talk for anyone else going through this, but it's after midnight, and I've been editing for over four hours. I'm tired, my eyes hurt, and it seems hopeless.
But I guess the inspirational part will come when I finish, and can post the completed draft. So hang in there, kids, this story will have a happy ending, I promise. :)
Happy Writing,
-R

No comments: