Sunday, December 8, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Day 8

Day 8 was my first "day off" from NaNo. I had time to write that day, but I didn't feel it, and I was ahead on my word count. More importantly, it was my "birthday" (ok, closest day to my birthday that I didn't have to work, so, party time) so I made the choice not to write.

I definitely paid for that day off later- I had a 12k word marathon to do on Thanksgiving day (my last day off in November, and a day all to myself with all the roommates out of town, so a good day for it). But I don't think I really mind too much. I think if I hadn't taken that day off, I'd have burnt out, felt like a slave to NaNo, and I don't think that's the point of it all.

I do have to say though, I'm not really sure what the point of NaNo is. I wrote 50k with mostly little effort, while working about 50 hours a week AND writing on four other stories with Caitlin at the same time. I'm not sure how many words total I churned out in November, but it was well over 50k.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I think I just wanted to make sure I had a post for day 8, but like my NaNo on this day, my writing is going nowhere. I'll post something with a little more substance later today.

No comments: