Saturday, May 17, 2014

FiberFest!

Went to the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival today!
 You can't tell, but this has really gorgeous golden flecks throughout.

 These two groups came from a booth called Unique Sheep that sells color gradients for shawls. Should be gorgeous when they're worked up. Cait's planning gold beads for this one...

 And has a really great set of green-blue contrast beads for this set.


 That's it for the yarn - we mostly go to Fiber Fest for ...well, fiber. Four pounds of white for dyeing. (Yes, FOUR pounds).


 And a few more pounds of natural tones for a project of mine.


Then this lovely bunch of locks for something R.O.C.K. (roller girls of central Kentucky) themed.



 I'm REALLY excited about these locks. :P I'm also really excited about my three new Angelinas (sparkly fibers for working into other yarns)


 I have a really great blue tonal yarn to go with this.


And while it's hard to do it justice, this black angelina is lovely. :)


But this is my favorite. I tried really hard to get some different shots to show all the shades. It's green and gold and kinda bronzey, depending on teh light. I'm super excited to work with it.




No comments: